|About the artist:
Kim Sterling has been painting, designing, and creating murals and wall graphics for high tech corporations since 1973. He developed a number of original and innovative mural techniques and concepts in his quest to humanize these efficient yet sterile environments. He is now working with the state of the art technologies in large scale digital printing. His focus is using the tools of the computer blending and combining all the artistic mediums to create a series of original archival mural prints. Examples of his mural and graphics work and personal art are available on his company web pages at www.mepro.com and kimsterling.com
He and his crew have created murals throughout the United States and the world including murals in Seattle, WA., Los Angeles, Portland, Albuquerque, Phoenix, Paris, Barbados, Salt lake City, Las Vegas, and Elma, WA.
A partial list of his clients include Intel, IBM, Hewlett-Packard, Sony, Lockheed-Martin, Varian, Gencorp Aerojet, Honeywell, Seimens, AT&T, Aera Energy, The U.S. Navy, WSU and Fairchild Semiconductor.
Highlights of his work include:
The Art Park
• The Art Park, an ongoing project to transform and humanize a former Nuclear Power Plant, Satsop Business Park, in Elma, Washington by designing and painting murals and graphic on a series of huge industrial buildings throughout their 440 acre business park.
• As curator he researched, designed and created the exhibits and interactive displays for the IBEW Local 617 Museum Electric in San Mateo, CA. The exhibits in the museum explore the history and technology of electricity from the scientists that discovered and created, harnessed and transmitted it to how the modern grids work and effect almost every aspect of our lives.
• Designing and creating a series of 20 Oregon landscape murals including 3500 feet of graphics designs spread throughout four Intel campus locations in the Greater Portland, Oregon area.
• Designing and producing twenty architecturally inspired murals and coordinated graphic motifs throughout Varian Corporation's extensive Palo Alto campus including and featuring the 96' X 35' tile mural and fountain for its reflection pool in Palo Alto.
Mural in Minutes
• Creating and directing the Mural in Minutes project, a Sunnyvale School District fund raiser event involving coordinating the painting of 76 Sunnyvale elementary students who painted a 7’H X 76’ W mural representing the depth of the city of Sunnyvale in the record time of 111 minutes.
History of Flight
• Designing the 105’ wide X 7’ high digital mural, depicting the History of Flight which explores the passion and technology for flight beginning with Da Vinci’s first drawings to the recent breakthroughs of space flight technologies which spans the perimeter of Honeywell Corporation’s lobby in Glendale, Arizona
Soho Beach Gallery
• Director and Curator of the Soho Beach Art Gallery Santa Ana, Ca. 2003 through 2006
Artwork for Sale
|Item Name||Category||Product Description||Price|
- / +
|1||In the Name of God||Expressionist||40" x 60" Acrylic and mixed media on masonite||$8 000.00|
|2||Fire and Ice||Expressionist||3' x 4' acrylic on masonite||$5 000.00|
|3||Rapid Transit||Abstract||60" x 40" Acrylic on masonite||$8 000.00|
|4||Love and Consequence||Expressionist||3' x 4' acrylic on Masonite||$5 000.00|
|5||Rage, Rage||Expressionist||3'x4 acrylic on masonite||$7 000.00|
Your Cart is currently empty.