Pinterest on Galiara
This article describes a new built-in tool on www.galiara.com to allow artists to promote their artwork using Pinterest (http://www.pinterest.com ), a new social networking tool that is said to be more effective in marketing than Facebook. With this tool artists can pin their artworks on their Pinterest boards for reaching out to the masses. Please visit http://pinterest.com/all/?category=art to see examples of items people pin on their boards to show a collection of their favorite images.
Following is a brief tutorial on how to use this tool to promote your art using an integrated solution with Pinterest and Galiara websites.
Pinterest tool on website: You’ll notice a new toolbar at the bottom of each Galiara page which has an embedded ‘Pin It’ button.
Using Pinterest on Galiara:
Following are a few simple steps for using Pinterest on Galiara:
- Open a free account at www.pinterest.com. You can create a free account by validating yourself using your Facebook or Twitter account credentials.
- If you don’t want to use Facebook or Twitter to create an account, send an email to us and we’ll send you an invite on behalf of Pinterest.
- Creating your pin boards: After logging in, go to the top right corner at your username and go to the pull-down menu to access your pin boards.
- The system would show a few sample boards for you. Pick one of the boards and edit it. Call it a name relevant to art and associate it to Arts category of Pinterest. Save the changes.
- Select your artwork: Next, on the Galiara site, go to the page where your artwork appears. You can visit your profile page (http://www.galiara.com/FirstName-LastName). You can also locate your page by going to “Search for an Artist” on the left column and find your profile). Once at your profile page, go to your online gallery page.
- A given page may contain more than one pieces of artwork.
- You can also go to someone else’s profile page or artwork and put them on your Pinterest board.
- Promote your artwork (you can also share some other artists' artworks that you like) through Pinterest, click the "Pin It" button located on the bottom bar of the Galiara webpage.
- The tool will display all images on that page in a clean page.
- Move your mouse over the artwork of interest and click it. It takes you to Pinterest login page, if you are not already logged in. We suggest you first log in to Pinterest account in a separate tab before selecting artwork.
- It will ask you the name of the board to put this pin to. Select your board that was associated with art. Save.
- You can edit the notes, and write your name, a brief note about the artwork or yourself, or whatever else you would want visitors to read. It would be good to put your profile page link here. Put notes about your profile page, link to your artwork etc.
- You are done.
Your Cart is currently empty.