We've tried to provide answers to commonly asked questions. Please click the bar to expand on the FAQ contents.
The costs and time to create, maintain and promote your own internet presence alone would be much higher than $19.99 per month. By joining us you not only get an audience of millions right away but also a powerful affiliation with a major gallery. The fee helps us defray the cost of creating and mainting your website, submitting your art to Google and other search engines on a DAILY basis, promotional activities, support staff, curatorial interface, and engagement with patrons and foundations.
Instead of having to create your own website and run the expenses of promoting on Google and through community, you get a web presence on our online gallery website. You get to run your own gallery under our guidance with unlimited changes. Exposure with us is an added advantage.
Most basic websites are like announcement platforms & do not give tools of instant change. Moreover traffic to our domain as a major gallery in a major art city of the world is massive which can be diverted to yours. In addition, it costs significantly higher for both time and money to design and good site, run eCommerce, manage events, collect payments, etc. and continuous engagement for Google search engine optimization and marketing.
Online - Yes. The San Francisco Gallery - No.
Yes, of course. Our website is constantly viewed by our artist sponsors, patrons & the curatorial teams.
You may sell, you may not sell. The objective is to get your profile in front of the right audience. Our role is to constantly bring buyers to our web platform.
Our online gallery does not promote a specific artist. We promote the online profiles and our organization as a platform to for visitors to sample and buy art. Artists
view us as an increased tool of empowerment to compliment their other efforts.
Please see the pricing grid on the register page.
There are 2 methods. Your personal web name and through our extensive search capabilities for artists which is listed by name, media, subject & price.
Either through the information provided on your profile or as is mostly the case, through us.
Absolutely. You don’t need us. All you need to do is register & you will be able to set up your own Login & upload tools in motion right away.
You can upload up to 50 images, each up to a maximum of 50 mega bytes (MB).
After registration, log in to the site with your username and password. Then click "Home" button and then select your Artist Profile on left column of the webpage.
You can then view your subscription as one of the tabs in your profile page. Choose a plan that is most appropriate for you.
Sometimes it takes months before an artist actually sends & shows work at the gallery. Getting aboard online gives us an opportunity to build up upcoming shows & artists.
Once the gallery begins a dialogue with an artist we feel every moment matters and the objective is to maximize each other’s potential right away.
Being invited to submit is the1st step. While artists are establishing a relationship with us they are invited to show on our sites.
There are a few different ways you can have a presence in San Francisco and be associated with our gallery & its programs.
Depending on demographics & availability of space, it usually takes upwards of 3 - 6 weeks from an interview to receiving and hanging art work.
Sometimes an artist could have interviewed with us way back in the past & we did not have space or the artist could not schedule a show.
- Is usually sponsored by one of our corporate sponsors.
- Once we invite an artist, it takes upwards of 1 - 6 months to implement.
Online is the most time saving way to get associated with our Gallery.
While we continue the dialogue with artists they can be exposed to our clientele right away, if selected.
Please submit artwork on the Home Page. You may also go through the following:
1. Take a Tour
3. About Us
4. Mission Statement.
The Gallery only shows artists selected from submissions on our website.
Submissions and visibility on our website are free for a limited amount of time.
For extended visibility to selection committees & clients, artists may choose the most suitable option, once registered, on their profile page (for example, $19.99 gives one full month of visibility).
If you get selected for any of the forthcoming shows, there will be two ways forward:
1. Artist delivers artwork at our doorstep & arranges pickup for any remaining pieces after the showing.
2. Artist gets selected by one of our affiliate corporates / foundations which pay for it all.
To Proceed, go to the Home Page (left hand side)
1. Click Register - create login id / password
2. Our gallery staff will be notified as soon as you do the above.
3. Load images that you feel signify your work best to our board members, patrons, and our affiliates.
4. You will then be included as an affiliate artist of the gallery eligible for a show.
The longer the online association the more chances of getting selected for a show.
San Francisco being a major art center, submissions year round are overwhelming;
· We find it difficult to sift through attachments, web links & websites.
· Most of the artists' personal websites do not do justice to their work.
Based on our own requirements, our Curatorial board has created a technically systematized and convenient submission process, online, thereby freeing up staff to focus on outreach.
Very few online venues are actually backed by a physical gallery in a major art center of the world. After the first few visits to our gallery most buyers prefer to monitor new artists’ works online.
Backed by a 4000 sq. ft. physical gallery in the most prestigious art city of the western hemisphere.
· Commendation by the State Assembly of California
· Artists given their own "Online Personal Galleries" right away.
· Unlimited upload of images on the E Commerce site.
· Visibility on The Artists Alley website (Up-to 5 images)
· 24/7 visibility to gallery patrons Art Galleries, brokers, collectors and individual buyers
· Be a part of our newsletter & social media outreach program to corporates & foundations.
· Shopping cart for artists when activated.
· Exposure to Grants and Sponsorships.
· Automatic enrollment in the Bi annual $5000 Cash Endowments (by our sponsors)
· Automatic enrollment in the All Expenses paid Artist in residence programs in San Francisco & Dubai.
Back in 2000, The Information age hardly existed. Institutions that influenced the world as we know it today - Google, Apple, Yahoo & eBay had barely been launched.
This collaborative model was commended by the State Legislature of California.
Fast forward - in 2010 with the maturity of the Internet, every accomplished artist can now show their work to our clients at the fraction of that cost, in an instance.
Most buyers prefer to monitor and patronize new artists’ works online.
1. Artists invited to show online enjoy all the benefits of showing at The Artists Alley
2. Artists can display only a selected few pieces at the Gallery but unlimited, online.
3. Most of the artwork selection by our Corporates & Foundations is done online.
An artist across the globe can be associated with our gallery at the fraction of the cost of travelling or sending work to us.
How many months do I need online exposure before a gallery show?
From inception to implementation, gallery’s programs with Corporations & Foundations can take upwards of 3 - 6 months.
1. In order to get maximum visibility, as a gallery we always suggest upwards of 3 - 6 months.
2. The longer the association the more the visibility
The longer you are with us online, the better the chances of showing at the Gallery.
San Francisco never fails to excite patrons & artists alike. Our staff is available 6 days a week to schedule art shows for our online member artists.
Each month the board picks artists for either a show or artist-in-residency.
Please email us with specific questions as it depends on several factors.
Sure. The more you are visible with us, either online or at the gallery, the more the chances of being selected by one of our corporate sponsors.
If an artist does well at the gallery then we try to create an opportunity for grants or a sponsorship from an affiliated corporation for a solo show. We also have affiliate grant writers who help artists with accessing the funds available for the arts form the administration, foundations and philanthropic organizations.
Sponsorships and grants are provided on a case-by-case basis.
While showing in the Gallery Artists can have either 3 walls or 1 Wall, depending on availability
The average size of the 3 walls is ;
Center Wall : 8 ft. x 8ft
Side Walls: 4 ft. x 8ft
The average sizes for the single walls are ;
4 ft. x 8ft
6 ft. x 8ft
- We will need to seek the earliest window for you to show with our scheduling team
- You would look at your schedule up ahead and give us an available time frame
- Send you the contract
- We will initiate the showing & selection process thereafter
- Create a file in your name
- Prepare your space.
- Depute staff to select your work online with you.
- Introduce your name in our mailings
- Prepare to receive your work
- Prepare tags & initiate the art hang
Being the 2 most important art cities in the continental USA, traditionally San Francisco & New York have always patronized higher prices.
Since we know our market and clientele best, in conjunction with our artists, we always tend to re-price the work to suit our buyers’ levels.
How many pieces of artwork can I show at the gallery?
The objective is to show a body of your work to our clients.
- We also have to keep a visual balance between yours & other artists’ works.
- Too many works tend to distract clients.
- Once they get a firsthand view of your works and would like to see more, they are invited to view online.
- You can have unlimited number of your work’s images online
Work is assessed for its quality, originality, and potential to enhance the collection exhibited by the gallery. Our artists vary widely in terms of their age, education and experience. Our youngest accomplished "emerging" artist is 20, our oldest is 80. Some artists have MFA degrees, others are self-taught.
We not only represent artists who have exhibited in many different venues and received critical acclaim for their work but also artists that are showing in a gallery for the very first time.
We are a collective there are artists joining and leaving constantly.
Once a dialogue begins, one of the first steps at our end is to check with the scheduling team to request for the earliest window for an artist we have been speaking with.
At your end you would want to look at your calendar and see a convenient timeline for you to send out work.
Once we have agreed to work together and the initial formalities are out of the way, we assign an individual for selections & logistics.
Your Cart is currently empty.